I had problems downloading videos. I used Mozilla Firefox with the add-on Video Downloader, and suddenly it all can out with ‘error’ and no longer wanted to download videos from you tube. here is what I found :
– to download a video from youtube, go online to Savevideodownloader. The steps well explained, you go to the other address and just enter the URL of your video. It gives you the downloading address and then you only have to save it as an .flv file and it’s done.
– then you need either an FLV player to read the file, or a converter to convert it into other formats that you can read on the machine you plan to play it on. You can convert the file by downloading the free programmes Super or Mediacoder (see the addresses on the second page) or choose to convert it online with Mediaconvert (third address).
– to download videos from Google Video, it is easier : you just click on the button “download” on the right, and you get the file in .mp4 format. You then may need your converter again to convert it into the format you need.
– and to know everything about how to download, edit and convert mainly sound but also videos, go to Stéphane Busuttil’s excellent site, with addresses, advices and tutorials:
– to download sound files and any type of sound, you already know Audacity (1st address), but you may also like Freecorder (2nd address)
– voyez aussi “La compréhension de l’oral” ( signalé dans la lettre de l’APLV)
Vient de paraitre en ligne sur le site de l’académie de Versaille, un article de José Paradas intitulé : “L’entraînement à la compréhension de l’oral et la capture du son“. Il fait référence aux descripteurs du cadre et propose un diaporama en Power Point pour expliquer aux enseignants (ou aux élèves) comment capturer du son.